Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the Cumberland County Food System Alliance is to develop a sustainable local food system that promotes economic vitality, increases food security, promotes wellness and advances community resilience in Cumberland County.
The alliance will serve to:
- Foster networking and education across members;
- Coordinate local food efforts;
- Explore collaboration and pooling of resources, where appropriate;
- Stay apprised of important food-related health and access issues and serve as repository of relevant data and resources; and
- Advance food policy and advocacy work.
Learn more about upcoming Cumberland County Food System Alliance events related to our local food systems.
Explore food access and nutrition resources available in Cumberland County and the surrounding area.
Leadership Team for 2019-2020:
- Lenelle Bear, Community Member (Retired, Penn State Cooperative Extension)
- Heather Bedi, PhD, Dickinson College
- Manal El Harrak, MBA, Sadler Health Center
- Dorlisa Minnick, PhD, MSW, Shippensburg University, Center for Land Use & Sustainability (Council Chair)
- Antonia Price, Shippensburg University, Center for Land Use & Sustainability (Project Management Support)
- Susan Richards, Capital RC&D
- Bob Weed, Project SHARE
- Stephanie Williams, Cumberland County Planning Department
- Gail Witwer, Partnership for Better Health