Access & Nutrition
The following resources are available in Cumberland County and the surrounding area related to food access and nutrition. Below is a selection of information from local organizations to the national scale.
Coronavirus Resources– Compiled by Senator Casey’s Office. Includes housing and food assistance, unemployment benefits and many other resources.
Ending Hunger in Pennsylvania, Department of Human Services- Information on food programs, Blueprint to End Hunger, data, resources, and more.
- Setting the Table: A Blueprint for a Hunger-Free PA (Updated July 2016).
In 2020, the CCFSA Leadership Council used the alliance goals and objectives to develop a Strategic Vision and 2021-2022 Work Plan. Supporting the work of Partner Organizations, work groups are under development to address Policy, Data and Assessment, and Improving the Food System. Learn more using the tabs below.
Many local organizations continue to provide services and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic to support our community.
- Central PA Food Bank (Harrisburg)
- Farmers on the Square (Carlisle)
- Feed Pennsylvania / Feed America (Harrisburg)
- Project Share– Central PA (Carlisle)
- Shippensburg Community Resource Coalition (Shippensburg)
- Shippensburg Produce and Outreach (Shippensburg)
- South Central Community Action Programs (Chambersburg and Gettysburg)
- United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County (Carlisle)- COVID-19 Community Needs Portal